Our Chalet Assistant
Live your dream - Volunteer at Our Chalet!
Volunteering at Our Chalet, the first World Centre, offers you a chance to live your best life, discover and fulfill your potential through experience in different areas such as leadership, diversity, cultural awareness, work ethics, self esteem, and team work.
Being an Our Chalet Assistant, you will help in running the daily life at the centre and live the guiding and scouting spirit through your experience on every corner.
International friends, Guiding and Scouting fun, outdoor challenge, new skills and experience of a lifetime are guaranteed!
|20 May - 31 August 2015||1 November 2014||3 months|
|1 Sep - 4 November 2015||1 March 2015||2 months|
|9 Dec - 29 February 2015||1 June 2015||3 months|
|1 March - 31 May 2016||1 September 2015||3 months|
|20 May - 31 August 2016||1 November 2015||3 months|
Applicants holding the passport from any country from the Schengen area, can volunteer for longer than 3 months and can apply for two consecutive seasons. Please indicate your wish on the application.
- Over 18 years of age
- Member of World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) or World Organisation of Scout Movement (WOSM)
- Genuinely enjoys meeting and getting to know new people,
- Enjoys the international experience
- Practical, open minded, hardworking and able to use common sense
- Capable of leading groups on outdoor activities and evening programmes,
- Capable of taking responsibility in delivering jobs and tasks assigned, to the highest standard,
- Patient, good team player and capable of working in an international team,
- Fluent in English communication skills (English is the working language of Our Chalet).
What does a volunteer do?
- Leading hikes, excursion/city tours, high adventure courses, abseiling, downhill and cross country skiing, sledding, winter games, building igloos and more! Activities are very much season dependant with focus on snow activities in winter and early spring months and high adventure activities in Summer and early Autumn months.
- Indoor and outdoor games, campfires, craft activities, evening hikes, international evenings and many more!
- Giving Our Chalet tours to the visitors
- Assisting in the on-site shop:
- Assisting with catering to guests and staff team
- Cleaning bathrooms, resetting guest rooms and general house chores
- Assisting in grounds and maintenance jobs such as wood preparation and snow clearing
- Assisting wiht administration as checking in guests, entering data and similar.
Benefits of Volunteering at Our Chalet
- Free full board and lodging in staff accommodation
- Learning about different cultures, customs and countries
- Learning new life skills such as working ethics, running outdoor activities for guests, cooking, cleaning as well as learning new sports but most of all experiencing living for several months in a truly international environment infused with the spirit of Guiding and Scouting.
- Learning new Guide and Scout games and current WAGGGS topics to share at home
- Learning about self, about others, about the environment and needs of the society
- Support from staff team in planning and delivering personal projects
- Access to laundry and other facilities
- Wireless Internet access
- Living the dream in the Swiss Alps!
The application consists of two parts.
Documents are available here:
Please know, all volunteer offers and placements are subject to the applicant obtaining and retaining the required permission (visa or permit) to enter and work in Switzerland. Volunteers from countries of the European Union do not require a visa or permit to work as a volunteer in Our Chalet.
Are you curious what volunteers in each season are doing at Our Chalet? How does a day to day life look like?
Read their stories in the Chalet Chatter - Our Chalet Staff Blog
For enquiries and applications please contact us at